Monday, October 6, 2008

Powerpoint Presentation

This assignment was a lot of fun. I haven't done a powerpoint since I was a junior in highschool. I thought this assignment was going to be easy, but it was time consuming. I think anyone can use powerpoint to do anything they want. People can use this to do presentations, a lecture, a class assignment, or for final projects. When I did a powerpoint in highschool, we did it for a final project in my consumer education class. We compared items from two different places, like where to buy a snowmachine and what was the cost of two places where we can buy it. I think the community and students got a good idea of how to compare prices because we did a big presentation in the school gymnasium.
Doing a powerpoint instead of a regular presentation is more interesting. There are so many ways you can keep your audiences attention.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Crystal PowerPoint or Keynote are powerful tools to be used in the classroom. I do all kinds of things with my PowerPoints including linking to simulations, imbedding videos, and displaying graphics. It is a great tool for student projects I assign webquests with specific information students need to research and present in a PowerPoint. They need to be able to find the information, organize, and present their understanding of the information. Glad you had fun.

skipvia said...

I agree that some of the multimedia techniques that we used for this assignment are way over the top for most presentations. Of course, this exercise was not to create a presentation but to use PowerPoint as a tool for creating individual instruction, for which I think those elements can be useful. Plus, I think that the more you know about PowerPoint, the more you'll be able to use it in a variety of situations.